When installing Checkout Pro, there may be an increase in the approval rate of online store sales. This happens because buyers will be able to pay using a Mercado Pago account and the entire purchase process will be done in our environment, which facilitates payment. At the end of the transaction, these buyers are redirected to the store environment.
To configure Checkout Pro in a Shopify store, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Shopify store.
- In the store's administrative panel, click on Settings.
- Once there, select the Payments option. Then, click on the Choose a provider button.
- Type Mercado Pago in the search bar. Once you find it, select it as your payment method.
- Enter your production credentials (
client_secret) in the fields that require them. Remember to keep your credentials handy.
- In the next step, you will be able to select the images of the payment methods you want to display in the store.
- Lastly, the store will offer you the option to Enable test mode. By activating this option, orders completed with Checkout Pro will not be real orders. That is, they will be test orders that, even if completed, will not have their status updated on the platform and will not appear on the Mercado Pago panel in the seller's account.
- To finish, click on Activate Mercado Pago.